Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Might not be around...

It will be hit and miss if I can get down with Steve, if at all, so don't think I am abandoning you all.

We are having to walk the dogs separately for the next 2 weeks and Andy will be walking Steve and it will be later than I did. I will be doing short 5-10 min strolls 3/4 times a day with Kira. Poor girlie went through major surgery on Monday at Liverpool Uni Small Animal Hospital, she had Pyometra, one thing I have always dreaded because she was unspayed. Because of the heart condition she had, it was a very high risk her having anaesthetic, hence why the op was carried out at Liverpool and not the vets. She had a full cardio check-up first so they knew how much gas to give her. Her heart appeared and acted normal on the scan and ECG, so she must be in remission with it.

She has pulled through the op remarkably well for her age and I brought her home yesterday, I was first told she would be there 3-4 days but both surgeons were chuffed with how she came through it.

I thought the phantom preggie she was having was different to how it usually was, so got her to the vets and then the referral to Liverpool.... thank goodness for pet insurance though

See you all soon and I expect I will have been worn to a frazzle by then keeping Steve away from Kira

Lynne

3 comments:

Anth said...

Hope everything's back to normal soon and we all get to meet the old girl one day. Tell Steve we say Hi!

Kira and Steve said...

Thanks Anth, we actually brought her down last Friday night and let her have a paddle in the Severn, not many dogs were there than night so she wasn't too naggy and it was before we know she had Pyo.

Steve can't understand why he has to stay away from her while he wants to play. She is recovering very well, eating now and peeing & pooping, just a little subdued from the anaesthetic but is getting perkier each day. I can't stop her chasing the squirrel/s in the garden though!

Lynne, Kira and Steve who has earned his ASBO tag!

Kira and Steve said...

I can make it this evening for a short while...