Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Newbie

Hi I'm Lynne and I have 2 dogs, Kira an 8 yr old GSD and Steve a 22 week old tri-colour Border Collie. I have fostered lots of dogs over the last 3 / 4 years and regularly dog sit my daughter's Staffie X. I never intended to adopt a dog because of Kira's age and the fact she has Hip Dysplasia. I went to Moorlands to take pics of the litter of 5 x 9½ week old BC pups and ended up reserving one!


We have been to Castle Walk a couple of times but never saw another dog there :-( We usually exercise the dogs either in Meole School playing fields or the fields at the bottom of our road in Meole Village.


Steve would love another dog to play with, Kira does her own thing on a walk and poor Steve just runs about on his own. He will not fetch a ball or anything else on a walk but will play for ages indoors with a ball. Steve is very friendly and adores people and other dogs... Emma with Ralfie & Bolt will verify this.


Regards Lynne





6 comments:

Anth said...

Welcome to the blog and the field! Myslef and Archie the BC can't wait to meet you all. 5:30ish most evenings is a great place to start! Young Steve will think all of his Christmases have come at once! Thanks for posting Lynne!

Anth said...

oops! Myself!

Sarah/Cadbury said...

Hi Lynne, Hope they're not camera shy, I wonder who will capture them first for the blog wall Anth or Nick?? I have Cadbury the chocolate coloured cocker spaniel...the one hiding by my legs, from Bolts bark. Sarah.

Kira and Steve said...

Thanks for the welcome, I will bring Steve down by himself one night, probably tomorrow as Kira is a bit hormonal after her season and gets naggy with other dogs. Steve is a poser... Kira hates a camera. I look forward to meeting you all and Steve seconds that. Lynne

Nick Turner said...

Welcome aboard Lynne, top blogging, great to have you aboard. You must have been unlucky when you came over to Castle Walk because there's a decent crowd most nights from 5 onwards. Look forward to seeing you down there soon.

Kira and Steve said...

Should be there this evening if I can get out of the house with just Steve.... Kira will have to wait 30 mins for hubby to get home and take her out - I know she will be most offended at me taking Steve and not her.

You will have to come and say 'hello' to me as I won't know a soul nor recognise dogs and I apologise in advance if Steve acts OTT