Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pets and politics



Well not really, as I feel it inappropriate to blog about politics, or religion for that matter. But I get the feeling that, who ever is victorious in todays general election, we have some austere times ahead of us. Walking the dog may become the only activity not governed by Whitehall or Brussels and taxed accordingly. Having said that, spare a thought for the good dog owning folk of Nottinghamshire who's' council have banned all dogs from 72 parks because of," a persistent problems with dog mess." Surely the persistent problem in this case is the handful of irresponsible owners who are just too lazy or stupid to clean up after their pets, deal with them and we wouldn't need these draconian measures. I don't wish to scare monger but, I hope you will join me in full scale rioting if SABC ever get any funny ideas about our public parks, they wouldn't dare, would they? Anyway, enough, I'm starting to sound like Jeremy Clarkson, I just hope I don't start dressing like him too. 
On a lighter note, the cartoon above made me chuckle, I think the dogs could well be Sarahs' Coco and Sophie. So let's make sure we don't all go back to incessant barking and keep the blog rolling along. Thanks to those new authors who have posted recently, and to those yet to do so, as Anth says, make this the week you get involved. I for one am eagerly awaiting the full story behind Katie/ Molly and her dog biscuit making Christmas present, complete with little bone shaped cutters. Funny isn't it, just because you own a dog, friends and family assume that every gift they give you should be dog themed. We received a smashing door mat for Christmas with two handsome Scottie dogs emblazoned on it - we're saving it for a special occassion, like a car boot sale! Mind you, one familiar face on the field does I know have a penchant for twee little plaster of Paris Border Collie ornaments, you know the kind you see in charity shops. But it's OK Anth, your secret's safe with me.
The cast of characters is looking better than ever thanks to the addition of a couple of new faces and the amazing leaping Ebony, I don't know what her owner feeds her but I could do with a bowl full of it myself. I'ts the eagerly awaited pint pull at the D and P tonight, so I may see some of the more thirsty amongst you down there later.

1 comment:

Sarah/Cadbury said...

Coleham School are having a car boot in the morning 10-12, but by the time you get this it will probably be too late...you could always leave the door mat on a friends door step...I dare you!