Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finally found how to post( I think I left the few brain cells I have, up the hill)
Well, didn't we have a lovely day the day we went to Haughmond Hill, the few showers didn't dampen our fun. The total so far is (drum roll) £1012-25 pence yes folks not £300, not £500 but the amazing £1012-25p.
The dogs were stars, so many and as far as I know no trouble. Roden brought some lovely dogs for a visit I was very tempted with the staffy cross she was so friendly but I don't think Tally would be too happy at the moment. They managed to sing up a few volunteers as dog walker.
Tally had a great day she was on duty with Dewi by the tree helping to tie ribbons on and bouncing (on little kids in particular) There were a few tears up at the tree and I think the dogs helped to reduce the tension
I think the hang glider was a bit bemused when the hill was invaded by dogs and families. Lets hope he had a safe landing.
We sold all but 6 of the 150 dog bandannas and didn't they all look great. I saw a number of dogs that had managed to change the colour from pink to black, embarrassed or what. I also saw a number of husbands who had refused to let their dogs wear pink, being made to wear the bandannas themselves
Wasn't Elvis fab but I thought he was bringing Johnny Cash with him . But he sung his heart out all for free.
I went up the hill on monday just to clean up and take the ribbons down I was surprised how clean it was
We re- raffled the 1 minute behind the bar at the Dog and Pheasant (known by the in crowd as the D and P) and raised £100 which pushed us into the £ 1k bracket. Hot news -Andy the guy who won the raffle will be 'pulling' next wednesday and hopefully the Star will come and take some pics.
I am still amazed at how generous and supportive people have been. So from the organizing committee thank you all.
Off to the hill today before the rain comes
Jill
Ps my camera wet on strike and I need to send some pics to the Breast Cancer Campaign can you email any specially nice ones, the one with cadbury, friend and tree. Really want a good one of the tree jillwestcar@yahoo.co.uk

2 comments:

Sarah/Cadbury said...

Hi Jill I have emailed you the photo of cadbury and juno, take care Sarah

Anth said...

Check your e-mail Jill. I've sent you some pics.